Change Management — DUW Certificate Program
Actively Shaping Processes of Change
As a change manager you supervise the implementation of new processes, strategies and systems in a company — whether as an employee or an external consultant. You develop and communicate all the steps in a restructuring project, and actively help to prevent insecurity among the participating teams and employees.
In the Certificate Program in Change Management, you will acquire the analytical principles and the organizational and creative methods to define the conditions for successful change processes. You will be trained in building suitable communication structures, identifying reasons for resistance, and responding to them constructively. You will be able to assign responsibilities and plan all phases of the implementation to realize change projects expertly.
Combine Change Management with Project Management and Practice Transfer and with Knowledge Management in the program package “Managing Processes” (or with two other optional 5-ECTS programs) and profit from our 3 for 2 discounts.
- University certificate (5 ECTS units)
Type of course
- Distance education with in-class units
- 2 months (standard course duration)
Beginning of course
Distance Education at DUW
- Practical, relevant curriculum
- Up-to-date learning on the Online Campus
- Significance and approaches to processes of change
- Planning phases of change processes
- Design models for processes of change
- Staff and organizational development techniques
- Initiating and organizing suitable communication structures
- Leadership: Handling crises and resistance
You will reflect on your own experience in dealing with change. You will identify suitable models and techniques for designing processes of change. You will analyze and shape the various phases of planned change with a focus on your day-to-day professional practice. You will draw up a plan for the implementation of a specific project in your professional context, integrating all the people involved in the project.
Conditions of Admission
To enroll in the Certificate Program in Change Management, you must have
- An undergraduate degree, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of a qualification for admission to higher education and several years’ work experience, or completed vocational training and several years’ work experience.
In general, we recommend both work experience and current employment because this allows you to transfer acquired skills directly to your professional practice.
As this program is taught primarily in German, non-native German speakers must prove (no later than date of registration) B2 level German proficiency by means of a corresponding language test (e.g. TestDaF or DSH) or equivalent proof, such as of one semester of university studies with German as the sole language of instruction or work experience in an exclusively German-speaking work environment.
You will find further information on the Certificate Program in Change Management in our Information and Download Center. You can request free, direct online access to detailed information including:
- Tuition fees and application forms
- Study and examination regulations
- The timetable of in-class units
Information and Download Center