Personal Skills - DUW Certificate Program
Managing Projects Successfully
Personal and social skills are in ever-growing demand in the professional world. As work is increasingly project-oriented, you need skills in knowledge management, self-reflection, and constructive interaction with colleagues based in other cultures, including specialist cultures, and other functional logics.
The Certificate Program in Personal Skills supports you in reinforcing your personal and social skills. You will complete courses in Knowledge Management, Leadership and Intercultural Communication.
- University certificate (15 ECTS units)
Type of course
- Distance education with in-class units
- 4 months (standard course duration)
Beginning of course
- Students can start at any time
Distance Education at DUW
- Practical, relevant curriculum
- Up-to-date learning on the Online Campus
- Reflective practice: Utilizing experience and skills
- Developing personal and organizational ways of knowledge
- Knowledge management in practice: Contexts and concepts
- Leadership in the context of the management process
- The framework conditions of leadership
- The identity approach in leadership
- Corporate culture as the context of successful leadership
- Principles and applications of intercultural expertise
- Intercultural personnel management
- Diversity, equal opportunity and gender mainstreaming: Utilizing diversity productively
- Intercultural and gender sensitivity training
Building on the documentation of your own skills, you will learn and apply models, methods and tools for handling complex information and stores of knowledge in organizational contexts. You will closely examine the various dimensions of leadership, analyze your own leadership behavior with reference to your professional practice, and development potentials for change to shape your future leadership skills. You will reflect on and analyze your own experience of diversity, and develop concepts of diversity management and gender mainstreaming, and suitable methods to transfer these concepts to your own work.
Conditions of Admission
To enroll in the Certificate Program in Personal Skills, you must have:
- An undergraduate degree, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of a qualification for admission to higher education, completed vocational training, and at least 2 years’ work experience with leadership responsibilities, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of completed vocational training and at least 5 years’ work experience with leadership responsibilities.
We recommend work experience and current employment in any case as a prerequisite for enrollment since this allows you to transfer the skills you acquire immediately to your professional practice.
You’ll find further information on the Certificate Program in Personal Skills in our Information and Download Center. You can request free, direct online access to detailed information including:
- Tuition fees and application forms
- Study and examination regulations
- The timetable of in-class units
Information and Download Center