Organizational and Personnel Development - DUW Certificate Program
Strategic Development of Staff and Organization
As an expert in organizational and personnel development, you guide processes of change in the company, such as changing product or service profiles, repositioning in the market, and strategic direction. You design structures to support change sustainably, giving consideration to employees’ skills in order to optimize processes and increase the job satisfaction of all involved.
In the Certificate Program in Organizational and Personnel Development, you learn to appraise and apply approaches and methods of strategic organizational development and skills-oriented personnel development. You will be able to analyze the conditions necessary for a learning organization, specify responsibilities and roles in processes of change, and develop an implementation plan.
Organizational and Personnel Development
- University certificate (15 ECTS units)
Type of course
- Distance education with in-class units
- 4 months (standard course duration)
Beginning of course
- Students can start at any time
Distance Education at DUW
- Practical, relevant curriculum
- Flexible academic model
- Up-to-date learning on the Online Campus
- Individual supervision
The certificate program gives you an overview of the conditions, approaches and methods of professional, effective organizational and personnel development. The strategic dimension of planned processes of change forms the focus of this certificate program. You will analyze the strategic underpinnings of organizational and personnel development with regard to your own professional environment, and derive approaches for planned processes of change. You will study the situation and the conditions necessary for the development of a learning organization, and thus deduce the potential contribution of necessary organizational structures and processes to successful change. At the same time, you will explore the possible effect of personnel development in involving employees in processes of change.
On completion of the certificate program, you will be able to use methods of strategic organizational development and skills-oriented personnel development to shape successful processes of change. You will be able to sketch the major phases of organizational and personnel development processes, and apply selected instruments from these two fields in your professional environment. You will be able to compare selected approaches of personnel and organizational development and assess their potentials in a specific corporate or organizational context. You will be able to specify responsibilities and roles in the supervision of processes of organizational change and develop an implementation plan of measures to support the projected change. In this way you reinforce your ability to professionally plan and supervise sustainable changes in businesses and organizations.
Conditions of Admission
To enroll in the Certificate Program in Organizational and Personnel Development, you must have:
- An undergraduate degree and at least one year’s work experience in the corporate education and personnel field or in other areas of the educational system, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of a qualification for admission to higher education, completed vocational training, and at least 2 years’ work experience with leadership responsibilities in the corporate education and personnel field or in other areas of the educational system, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of completed vocational training and at least 5 years’ work experience with leadership responsibilities in the corporate education and personnel field or in other areas of the educational system.
You’ll find further information on the Certificate Program in Organizational and Personnel Developmentin our Information and Download Center. You can request free, direct online access to detailed information including:
- Tuition fees and application forms
- The syllabus
- Study and examination regulations
- The timetable of in-class units
Information and Download Center