Knowledge Management - DUW Certificate Program
Utilizing Knowledge Resources in Your Enterprise
By building appropriate in-house systems and bundling the knowledge of individual employees, you make knowledge useful to your business or organization. By applying tools of personal knowledge management to deal with complex sets of information, you connect individual and organizational stocks of information and knowledge.
In the Certificate Program in Knowledge Management, you reflect on your experience in dealing with knowledge. You register and document your skills in the e-portfolio. You develop personal and organizational knowledge paths, and work with contexts and concepts from actual practice to manage knowledge successfully in and among organizations.
- University certificate (5 ECTS units)
Type of course
- Distance education with in-class units
- 2 months (standard course duration)
Beginning of course
- Students can start at any time
Distance Education at DUW
- Practical, relevant curriculum
- Up-to-date learning on the Online Campus
- Reflective practice: Utilizing experience and skills
- The e-portfolio: Cataloging and documenting skills
- Developing personal and organizational ways of knowledge
- Knowledge management in practice: Contexts and concepts
- Knowledge management in and among organizations
You will apply the concept of the reflective practitioner in the context of your own day-to-day work to actively shape your professional practice in regard to experience and skills. You will use selected tools of personal knowledge management to optimize your handling of complex sets of information and knowledge, and determine the necessary conditions for linking individual and organizational stores of information and knowledge. Furthermore, you will identify and apply selected elements of knowledge management in corporate contexts.
Conditions of Admission
To enroll in the Certificate Program in Knowledge Management, you must have:
- An undergraduate degree, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of a qualification for admission to higher education, completed vocational training, and at least 2 years’ work experience with leadership responsibilities, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of completed vocational training and at least 5 years’ work experience with leadership responsibilities.
We recommend work experience and current employment in any case as a prerequisite for enrollment since this allows you to transfer the skills you acquire immediately to your professional practice.
You’ll find further information on the Certificate Program in Knowledge Management in our Information and Download Center. You can request free, direct online access to detailed information including:
- Tuition fees and application forms
- Study and examination regulations
- The timetable of in-class units
Information and Download Center