Enterprise Management and Controlling - DUW Certificate Program
Using Controlling for Strategic Enterprise Management
In executive and project-leader positions, you must have a fundamental understanding of controlling, which is a central instrument of strategic enterprise management. You select the right controlling instruments, define goals, and guide the corresponding processes in the organization.
The Certificate Program in Enterprise Management and Controlling teaches fundamental insights into decision-making processes and goal-oriented leadership. You will study the phases of the controlling cycle and the relationship between controlling and enterprise management. You will learn to assess the significance of systems of indicators, and to translate findings into entrepreneurial practice.
Enterprise Management and Controlling
- University certificate (5 ECTS units)
Type of course
- Distance education with in-class units
- 2 months (standard course duration)
Beginning of course
- Students can start at any time
Distance Education at DUW
- Practical, relevant curriculum
- Up-to-date learning on the Online Campus
- Processes of decision-making and goal-oriented leadership
- Controlling as a management task: The relationship between controlling and enterprise management
- Phases in the controlling cycle and their significance for enterprise management
- Controlling instruments: Instruments and their significance for enterprise management
- Transferring selected controlling instruments to your professional practice
Building on your own professional experience, you gain a clear understanding of the necessity of goal-oriented leadership and controlling as core elements of information-based management. You identify the most important controlling instruments and their significance for the management of a business. On the basis of your analysis of possible aberrations, you develop controlling approaches, elements and processes for your actual day-to-day work.
Conditions of Admission
To enroll in the Certificate Program Enterprise in Management and Controlling, you must have:
- An undergraduate degree, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of a qualification for admission to higher education, completed vocational training, and at least 2 years’ work experience with leadership responsibilities, or
- An equivalent qualification in the form of completed vocational training and at least 5 years’ work experience with leadership responsibilities.
We recommend work experience and current employment in any case as a prerequisite for enrollment since this allows you to transfer the skills you acquire immediately to your professional practice.
You’ll find further information on the Certificate Program in Enterprise Management and Controlling in our Information and Download Center. You can request free, direct online access to detailed information including:
- Tuition fees and application forms
- Study and examination regulations
- The timetable of in-class units
Information and Download Center